Friday 18 January 2013

Choppin' Croppin' & Creatin'




As the days get sweatier, the clothes get harder to wear. Yesterday, lovely Melbourne was once again stinkingly hot so my sister and I took to our close by mountain ranges to get away from the heat and enjoy some scones and sticky date pudding for brunch. After eating too much and still not finishing our meal, a stop off for a photoshoot in the forest was almost obligatory.  



Today I finally went back and took to my summer wardrobe and took to a whole outfit I actually made on my own!! Crops are always something that I thought I could never pull off but after chopping up an old vintage dress and restitching bits together I decided maybe I should try pull it off. My shorts are actually a pair of my Dad's old (and also humungous) jeans that I completely cut up and revamped to make these American Apparel inspired shorts. I LOVE the shape of them and how high they are and I must say, was quite impressed with myself when I finished.



I paired it with my aviators from Rubi shoes, nude pumps from Dotti and multicoloured cuff from Lovisa.






xx

No comments:

Post a Comment